Saturday, October 31, 2015

November Shop Update

Well, fall has arrived and my long absence from the NS&P shops continues.   However, I finally do have some details on some new acquisitions that were mentioned briefly in last month's update, so let's get into the details.

     North Shore & Pacific: Ideas for projects to accomplish and begin continue to trickle in as I patiently wait for mid December to roll around.  At this time, I'm still waiting on some components from Boulder Valley Models to arrive to put on the #3.  At some point as well, I plan on tackling the tank for the engine, so as to convert it from the straight sided coal bunker to a flared oil tank as appropriate for the prototype.  As well, I'm still working on ideas on how to improve the lighting in #1002 (#218) as the "as delivered" lighting from Bachmann is too yellow for my taste and also has a tendency to flicker due to the smallest patches of dirt from the tracks.

    General:  In the biggest news this month, the NS&P has acquired some new equipment in a series of trades.   In exchange for cash considerations, a Coast Daylight Observation Car, and the surplus parts from Burlington Northern #6615, the NS&P has acquired a new On30 0-4-0T Porter flatcar and gondola, in addition to, Southern Pacific SD45T-2 #9404, Southern Pacific "Hydracushion" Boxcar, a Cotton Belt "Hydracushion" car with an operating EOTD (End of Train Device), and a Amtrak Phase IVA Superliner Coach/Baggage.  At this time, I'm not quite sure what my plans are for these  particular new acquisitions but I won't receive them to December as well so I have some time to plan. As well, the NS&P also placed an order for a 4-4-0 American which will be delivered by the time this is posted, which will become NS&P #2.  #2 is slated to be broken in and test run prior to the holiday season where she will be the main source of motive power for the NS&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment